SACHSN USED CURRICULUM SALE
SACHSN USED CURRICULUM SALE PROCEDURES FOR 2017
Call, text, or e-mail Mendi to get/confirm your number for the sale. Even if you have a previous number, you still need to let her know you will be participating. If you have not sold in the last 2 years, your number has/will be passed on to someone else. You will need a new number if you want to participate this year.
- *NEW as of last year* There are now two times you may bring your items! Drop off on Monday afternoon between 4:30 and 6:00 p.m. (day before sale) or on the sale day between 10:30 and 11:45 a.m. (earlier cut-off). We will not be accepting books after 12:00 pm. We will have a crew ready in the lobby to accept your items and you are free to leave until the sale begins. There are no early sales at this time. If you cannot be there, have a friend bring your items and pick them up for you.
- Please only bring sale worthy resources. To ease overcrowding on the sales floor, items that are excessively damaged, not related to the given categories, or deemed not marketable may be removed from the sale and held for pick up at the close of the event.
- To be accepted for the sale, each resource MUST have a 3x5 card (CARD STOCK) taped securely (two sides is fine) on the FRONT with the following:
- YOUR NUMBER Written in the upper left hand of the 3x5 card. (This is the # you received from Mendi.)
- NAME OF THE BOOK OR ITEM
- GRADE LEVEL OR CATEGORY OF THE ITEM The categories for books that are not grade level specific are: Parent Resources, Bible Resources, General Reading (Preschool, Elementary, Jr High & High School and Adult), Educational Toys & Games, Art & Craft Books, Art supplies and Craft kits, Multimedia, Math Resources, Science Resources, Science supplies & Kits, History Resources, Geography Resources, English Arts Resources, Music Resources, Critical Thinking/Logic, Foreign Language, HS Math, HS Science, HS History, HS English/Literature, HS Geography, HS Misc. (Added: Music Resources)
- PRICE YOU ARE ASKING Price each item in $0.25 increments, with the minimum price being $0.25. 90% of the selling price goes to you; 10% goes to SACHSN/SACHSN LIBRARY. No item will be sold if it appears a price has been changed. If you decide to change the price, please attach a new card.
- SET DESIGNATION For anything that is part of a set being sold as a set. Attach a 3x5 card to each item and indicate that it is part of a set (1 of 3, 2 of 3,...) The price need only be on the front card. Attach the set together. Please note if you know something is missing from a set, specify that on the card so the buyer is aware.
- Bring a self-addressed, stamped, ADHESIVE SEAL ENVELOPE. (Put your address in both the sender and the receiver areas and include your seller number in the top left corner by your return address.) Let us know if someone else will be picking up your unsold resources. A check for your earnings will be mailed within one week. Your 3x5 cards will be included in your envelope unless it is overweight. You must contact Karna within two weeks of the sale if you would like to pick up your cards, otherwise they will be recycled.
- Sellers with large quantities must come no later than 4:30 to pick up unsold items so you can verify your materials before boxing them. We will let you know upon drop-off if your quantity of material meets this requirement (it’s usually those bringing 10 or more boxes/tubs of items).
- Your unsold books will be ready to be picked up between 5:00-5:15 pm the evening of the sale. Any items left after 5:30 will be considered donated to the SACHSN Library.
- Please verify your unsold items within a couple of days after the sale as sorting errors do happen. If you have an item that doesn't belong to you, or if you are missing an item, please let Karna know ASAP so resources can be returned to the rightful owner.
- “Free items” will not be accepted as it becomes a burden for volunteers to manage at the end of the sale. Please only bring sale worthy resources. Items that are excessively damaged or not related to the given categories may be removed from the sale and held for pick up.
- Once again, due to a generous donation by a veteran homeschooler, the SACHSN Library will be offering boxes of resources at discount prices. Details will be provided at the sale.
- All sales are final and we are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Karna Garman & Mendi Everett