Sports / Athletics / PE
- Athletic Edge ~ A high energy hour long class geared around gymnastics with lots of games, physical activity, motor learning, coordination control, and lot and lots of laughter and fun! Monday/Wednesday from 1:30-2:30 and Thursdays from 1:00-2:00. Any child ages 5-15 who just wants some good indoor fun! Games, gymnastics, ninja courses, trampolines, giant foam pit, and some happy smiling children. Price? Only $50 per month for one time per week and only $82.50 per month for two times per week. Plus we offer a sibling discount! Contact/Where? Athletic Edge 1379 Madison Street, Salem, OR 97301 (503) 361-2344 ask for Bekah
- Cherry City CrossFit ~ A family run CrossFit gym in downtown Salem is available to provide daytime PE credits for your home schooling children. Class size limited to 8 children. Classes offered year round. Plays Christian music. 20% discount for more than one family membership. Adult classes as well. Please contact their gym at: 503-949-3973 for more information or through http://cherrycitycrossfit.com/contact/.
- The Dance & Fitness Studio ~ This is a 10-week core strengthening and conditioning class for boys. The class is made up of exercises that improve flexibility and balance and build long, lean muscles. Energetic combinations which improve cardio will also be taught as part of the training. For beginners and intermediate students. Classes located in Monmouth. Contact: Janey Jefferson at 503-838-3603.
- Get Air Trampoline Park ~ Wednesday's from 10-12pm, offers discounted prices to homeschooling families for an hour of jump time. Call 971-304-0134 for more information.
- Home Run Baseball ~ A great family friendly Christian environment for your children ages 5-18 to come and play at the same location. No more running around to different ball fields for all you kids to enjoy the game. We offer T-Ball, Coach pitch, baseball and Softball for homeschoolers in the area. Season runs from April through June. Registration forms are here. For more information, contact: email@example.com. Facebook link is here.
- Homeschool Swimming at YMCA ~ The YMCA offers homeschool swimming lessons during the school year. Call 503-399-2792 for more information.
- The Hoop ~ Homeschool PE classes offered weekly in South Salem.
- Oregon Indoor ~ Our Homeschool Program is great for homeschooled students looking for a PE class. The program is a soccer class for kids ages 6 – 12 years old that is age appropriate and focused on teaching technique in a fun and friendly environment. Our professional coaching staff has years of experience working with kids of all ages and athletic ability levels and is looking forward to helping your child improve their soccer skills and overall athletic ability while they exercise and make new friends. All children should come dressed in comfortable athletic clothing, indoor soccer or turf shoes, and shin guards, however, we do not allow cleats on the field.2018-2019 SCHEDULE:Mondays and Wednesdays: 2:00 – 3:15pm
Fall: 10 weeks from September 24 – Dec 3, (one week off for Thanksgiving)
Winter: 10 weeks SCHEDULE COMING SOON (2 weeks off for Christmas and New Years)
- Pac-West Disc Golf Alliance ~ We are starting a High School age disc golf program in the Mid Willamette Valley and would like to invite any High School aged home schooled youth to participate in this fun and free sports program. Contact Jason Bruster at Pac-WestDGA@hotmail.com if you need more information or have questions.
- PE for Homeschooled Youth Focus K-8th grade. Mondays, 1:30-3:00pm @ Academy Building Gym in Dallas. Contact: Judi Peters 503-931-2578.
- Salem Classical Fencing ~ A nonprofit fencing studio, offering instruction and a place to fence for the complete beginner, recreational fencer, or national-level competitor, and everything in between. We bridge barriers in our community by teaching honor, chivalry, and respect through the art and sport of fencing. We have a 90 minute homeschool class on Thursdays that combines fencing and general fitness activities. Contact Jill Summers at jill@SalemClassicalFencing.org or 503-375-9209.
- Salem Gymnastics Center ~ Recreational and competitive gymnastics classes, including homeschool classes.
- Silverton Gymnastics ~ Silverton Gymnastics is a mobile gymnastics program that is designed to deliver affordable, convenient, and fun gymnastics close to home! They offer classes specifically for homeschoolers and also classes throughout the Silverton area. Contact info is on the website.
- The Rock Boxx Our homeschool classes are intended to give youngsters a chance to explore the world of rock climbing in a fun, supportive environment. Ages: 5-10ish Days: Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Time: 10:00-11:00am
- Town & Country Lanes ~ Extremely homeschool-friendly bowling center in Keizer. Look for the "Home School Events" link on their homepage. We give homeschool family bowling discounts M-Th from open until closing and Fridays from open until 4pm. Contact Mardi at 503-390-2221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upward Sports ~ Fantastic Christian sports program for elementary youth. Partnered with several churches throughout Salem to provide football, basketball, and cheerleading leagues.