Creative Classes: Art, Music, Dance, Drama
- The Abbey Art Center - Art Classes for Homeschool Students! Wednesdays at 9:00am and a new class forming Tuesdays at 9:00am. $15 per session; over 5 students the class price drops to $12. I teach, drawing, clay, sculpture and painting. My studio is downtown with Starbucks just around the corner! Some scholarships available. Contact Julie Jeanseau, a former homeschool mom, at JeanseauArts(at)gmail.com.
- Angela Wanak ~ Provides beginner and intermediate piano lessons for children on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I charge $15 for a half hour lesson. Contact Angela at: amwanak(at)gmail.com
- Anne Roby ~ I am a home school graduate myself with a degree in piano and over 20 years of teaching experience. I teach piano lessons for all ages, beginning, intermediate, and advanced. Please contact me at: 503-999-1487 or at elizabethanne80(at)hotmail.com.
- Canyonview Camp ~ A Christian camp offering a wide range of activities in a safe and secure environment where training excellence is emphasized. Summer camps and school year classes offered.
- Debbie Smith ~ Piano Instruction. My hours are between 9am and 3pm. The going rate in Salem is $20/half hour, but I would be happy to provide a discounted rate of $17 for homeschoolers, with a bonus discount rate of $15 each for two or more students in a single family. Also, I live/teach in West Salem, but would be willing to teach at a common meeting place if there were several students and a piano available. Contact Debbie at gdsmith92(at)gmail.com.
- English Country Dance ~ Set to Music English Country Dance teaches dances that are up to 400 years old, popular in England and in early Colonial America. You may have seen English Country dancing in such films as Pride & Prejudice and Emma - come and try it for yourself! Cost is $5/night. Four fancy dress balls a year. Contact Laura Hatch settomusicecd(at)gmail.com or 971-237-6147. Or find us on facebook: www.facebook.com/SetToMusicECD
- France School of Dance ~ The France program promotes both physical and mental development of the student by improving coordination, self-discipline and confidence and social awareness. Classes given in Tap, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Funk, and Lyrical. Contact the school at 503-390-1210.
- Home School Music Teachers ~ Not one organization, but a few Christian music teachers who are home school families themselves. Contact Shannon Magee at Shannon(at)MageeFamily.org or 503-983-1112.
- Jenny Harra Violin lessons from an A beka homeschool graduate. I have been teaching for 10 years. I teach classical and fiddle. $20/ half hour. Please call Jenny at 503-551-2053
- Joyful Noise Homeschool Choir for grades K-12+ in Albany and Jefferson area. Learn to sing, read music, and lead in worship through our fall and spring choir classes. Contact Rosie Leichty at rosielovesphil(at)gmail.com for more information. Auditions for fall term begin on July 25 and continue through August 13.
- Keizer Art Association ~ Keizer Art Association has hosted many home-schooler’s art classes taught by qualified instructors. We offer affordable classes in a wonderful old school setting. Contact Carol Harris at KeizerArts(at)gmail.com or 503-390-3010.
- Mary Campbell ~ I have been teaching painting, drawing and art history at the college level for over 22 years. I also have experience working with high school students. My work has been shown in museums and galleries across the U.S. I work with beginning to advanced students and customize my classes to fit the students' interests and goals. I believe art can bring meaning to people's lives and want my students to have a fulfilling, joyful and fun experience. I can give lessons in your home or at a public location. My fee is $40/hr and groups are welcome to keep everyone's costs down. I received my BFA from the University of Cincinnati and my MFA from the University of California at Davis. While at UC Davis I was twice honored to be the teaching assistant for world renown artist Wayne Thiebaud. I am a semi-retired art professor and served as the Chair of the Painting department at Ohio University. I have also taught classes at Chemeketa Community College.
My website is at www.marycampbellart.com. My email is marycampbell2222(at)gmail.com
My phone number is 503-881-8430.
- Magee's Creative Guitar Studio ~ weekly 1/2 hour lessons. Contact Mike Magee at 503-779-5948.
- Master School of Art ~ Masters School of Art (MSOA) is a Christian art school whose goal is to teach the secrets of the old masters, bringing back the craft of the renaissance. Contact Guin Szczepanski at 503-385-5447.
- NW School of Music ~ Piano lessons taught by homeschool graduate Mrs.Gillian Perkins, director of Northwest School of Music. Lessons are available for ages 3 - adult, and are interactive, educational, and fun! Let your children discover the joy of music! Mrs.Gillian Perkins has over 7 years teaching experience and provides lessons both at the studio and in-home throughout Salem and surrounding areas. Our costs are reasonable and our quality of instruction is high. Family discounts available. NW School of Music also offers lessons for voice, flute, and guitar. Lessons offered Monday-Friday 6:30am-9:00pm, and Saturdays 8:30am-3:00pm. Contact Gillian at gperkins(at)NWschoolofmusic.com or (503) 999-4343
- Ruth Hines ~ Give your child the gift of music. Private piano lessons in my home in West Salem. Family discounts available. Please call Ruth Hines at 503-851-6883 for further information.
- Salem Music Discovery Center ~ I am a Christian who teaches preschool music classes starting at 18 mths., group piano lessons, private piano lessons. Discount for families of 3 or more enrolled in classes at the same time. Contact Susan Wiley at singingSusan(at)comcast.net or 503-585-8742 / 503-566-4049.
- Salem Upbeat Music ~ Choir and basic music theory class for kids (6-12) and teens (13+). Toddler music class is also offered for ages 3-5. Reasonably priced, educational, and tons of fun! Located in Salem. Homeschool graduates join for free! For more information, contact: upbeat_14(at)yahoo.com
- Serianna Rosberg ~ Private music lessons are available from a Homeschool graduate on Piano, Violin, Viola, and Cello for $15/half hour lesson. 7 years experience; I teach Suzuki method as well as classical. Email zanna831(at)gmail.com or call 541-419-9770.
- SKIT Theatre (Salem Keizer Inspirational Teen Theatre) ~ SKIT Theatre is a 2-part theatre arts training program. We hold after school theatre classes for kids grades 1-12 and full scale Broadway-style productions. Our mission: to embody God’s love through a theatrical outreach for teens. We will grow up good characters and good relationships, one play at a time. Contact Lori Hammer at Lori(at)SkitTheatre.com or 503-990-2715.
- Willamette Girlchoir ~ Does your daughter love to sing? Are you looking for a place where your daughter can grow in musical skill and confidence? Willamette Girlchoir invites girls in 1st-12th grade to come share their voices with us! We will be holding auditions starting at the end of August. Rehearsals are Thursday nights in downtown Salem with many performing opportunities every year. Please contact to set up an audition! Contact Anna Rikli at info(at)willamettegirlchoir.org or 503-370-6383.
- Willamette Valley Christian School ~ WVCS offers homeschool students the opportunity to take high school classes there for partial tuition. Basketball teams are also open to homeschool students. Contact Laura Pemble at pembles(at)hughes.net for schedules, prices, and more information.