Activities / Camps / Field Trips
- Aurora Colony Historical Society ~ Make Oregon history a fun adventure for your students. Bring them to the Old Aurora Colony Museum or our Stauffer-Will Farm- both on the National Registry of Historic Places and watch pioneer history come alive for them! Aurora was founded in 1856 by German and Swiss immigrants in the heart of the French Prairie. With many buildings remaining from the 1800’s, your students can truly be “time travelers”. Your students can have a custom tour program created for them at the Old Aurora Colony Museum or you can sign them up for our popular Spring Stauffer-Will Farm or Village Program. For more information and to make reservations, please contact our office at email@example.com or 503-678-5654.
We look forward to welcoming you and your students!
- Canyonview Camp ~ A Christian camp offering a wide range of activities in a safe and secure environment where training excellence is emphasized. Summer camps and school year classes offered.
- Champoeg Promise ~ A hands-on, interactive, interdisciplinary program where students explore Champoeg’s multicultural history, government, and archaeological research on the site. Homeschool Days available.
- Creation Encounter ~ Our purpose is to provide quality creation field study tours, road guides, and other information glorifying God as Creator.
- Gateway Co-op/Support Group ~ An all ages co-op that offers enrichment classes. We meet once a week and enjoy fun elective classes as well as field trips, moms nights, family nights, park days and more! Contact Heidi Donahue at Gatewaychristiancoop@gmail.com
- Home School Science Camp ~ Along with other like-minded home-schoolers, we teach outdoor subjects in a hands- on environment with special emphasis on scientific evidences for the young earth creation model. This year’s focus is exploring lave cast caves. Contact Darren Nettrouer at DBNett10@gmail.com or 503-472-8352.
- Legacy Guardian ~ Our mission is to support the Christian homeschool community by offering field trips, clubs, educational events and social gatherings as we are able to. We also offer a homeschool support group focusing on biblical principles in all subjects.
- Contact Brian and Heather Hall at 503-302-9569 or LegacyGuardian@gmail.com.
- Homeschool Outdoor School ~ Polk County 4-H is partnering with Polk Christian Home Educators for the Outdoor School in September (usually the third week) held at the 4-H Conference Center in West Salem. This is a three day/two night camp designed for 5th-8th grade boys and girls interested in the outdoors. For more information, contact Judi Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homeschooling in the Mid-Willamette Valley ~ A blog dedicated to "the educational experiences that abound in and outside the Salem, Oregon area." Fantastic resource for field trips in the area, published by our friends at Legacy Guardian.
- Mission Mill / Willamette Heritage Center ~ Lots of educational programs, summer camps, guided tours, special events, etc. A great historical resource right here in Salem! Contact Kaylyn Mabey KMabey6@msn.com or 503-370-7423.
- Nature Kids ~ Straub Environmental Center offers a wonderful program called Nature Kids. It is designed to help children learn more about nature by going on hikes to the local parks, making birdhouses and feeders, going on trips to the recycling plant to learn about recycling, and we have a great line up of topics for this school year, taught by the wonderful Bobbie Snead. Click here to download a flyer for Nature Kids.
- Outdoor School Partnership ~ Homeschool Day at the Beach and Outdoor School for homeschoolers available.
- TeenPact ~ TeenPact is a dynamic, hands-on leadership school for Christian students. Our mission is to train youth to understand the political process, value their liberty, defend their Christian faith, and engage the culture at a time in their lives when, typically, they do not care about such things. For the first time in Oregon we will be offering a residential camp option to our Oregon I class (details on Teenpact website). Contact Nancy Bennett at 503-266-5828 (h) | 971-235-5836 (c) or TeenPactOR@gmail.com.
- Twin Rocks Outdoor School ~ a weeklong program in September for homeschool students or families. Each day consists of science classes, arts and crafts, recreation opportunities, meal times, cabin time, worship, and a group activity in the evening. Contact email@example.com or 503-355-2284.
- Vacation Liberty School ~ We are dedicated to educating, enlightening, and exciting the youth of America about the fundamental principles and beliefs on which this country was founded: and to empower them with the knowledge and will to preserve these ideas and liberties for our Nation. Dates for 2014 are July 7-11, from 6:00-7:30pm. Contact Lisa Lowell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.